Member from Denmark

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Erland

Member from Denmark

Post by Erland »

Hi there photographers

Just saw a link to this site on the dpreview forums. The site looks great, so I signed up right away.

I'm a hobby-macro photographer spending a lot of time getting close to insects all through the summer. My special interest is dragonflies, but I shoot what gets in front of my lenses.

My move to digital early 2003 meant a lot to my macro skills. It really helped me with all the information stored in the picture, never wrote down shutter speeds etc. in the old days. Now I'm able to say afterwards, ok this is out of focus, this is shaken and why.

I use a canon 10D, sigma 150f2,8 and 180f3,5 and 14f2,8 for wide angle insect shots. Got a 1,4 kenko 300pro and sigma 2x for more magnification or reach.

This year I've managed to get up early in the morning and find dragonflies emerging.

8th July 2005, Svanemosen, Kolding Denmark
1/250 f7,1 iso400, 150mm, uncropped

Hope to be able to participate in the forums and learn a lot. Hope you may learn something too from me :lol:

Erland

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Welcome to the Forums Erland and thanks for introducing yourself with this wonderful shot. DOF, background, details and colors, all great. Yep, you found the right place for images like that for sure Erland. Once again welcome aboard and hope to see more of your work. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Big welcome :D and I must say, amazing shot as well. Yes digital change a lot of things down here as well Erland. Made experimenting affordable for a change and as you say, the exif can be invaluable to check settings and info.

All the best and just post away, more than welcome :D

Danny.

Erland

Post by Erland »

Thank you both for the warm welcome.

It is great to see a forum with people from all over the world. Last registred is one from Australia, and I hope to see more joining from varies parts of the world, and post some images of excotic insects and stuff.

In May I visited Texas, and enjoyed macrophotographing over there, so many dragonfly and damselfly species. I sometimes wish I did not live in Scandinavia, it's too cold, and last three weeks has been rain, wind and more rain. People closer to equator get too see more bugs :-( Anyway, this weekend was not bad, and I managed to get out and photograph.

cheers, Erland

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Hi Erland

Glad to have you aboard. Denmark is a bit on the cold side. Never visited there. Closest I been I suppose is Germany.

Looking forward to viewing your images.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

gslaten

Post by gslaten »

What a beautiful photo! I haven't done much in the way of macro, but all you folks are sure driving me to try a bit harder.

Welcome aboard and keep up the good work.

Gary