An Ant...for Sue!

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

An Ant...for Sue!

Post by Ken Ramos »

Rather than goofing off on the serious side of the forums, I thought I would just put this here. The poor little guy seems to be looking down in anticipation of something or another. Not having fully explored my old Photo Impact 6 software, I thought I would try some of its features. Sue came to mind in this photograph with her recent ant post, while she was, or maybe still is, in New Mexico. :D
An Ant...for Sue!
Fuji FinePix S7000 @ 6 megs
Macro mode 2
Manual exposure settings
1/400 sec. @ f/2.8 ISO 200
Daylight, midday overcast
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Very funny Ken :lol: . I am back in PA now. I got back Friday and will not have to travel again until June.

Nice ant. I have yet to get one as clear and detailed as yours and others posted on here. I need to take some time and go ant hunting. :lol:
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

I have been ant hunting all day and have not got a decent shot of one. However I did twist my back photographing...robber flies, I guess they are. I am going to post a couple. Out in Arkansas we called them "deer flies" and they would bite and draw blood! :shock:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.