Multi - Level Focused & Stacked Images

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

piotr

Post by piotr »

Somehow - I missed this thread. Very impressive work, Gerd! Beautiful illumination and very nice 3D reconstruction.

I used to use CombineZ4 software. Often, the artifacts are very disturbing. It helps to use NeatImage to clean noise before combining frames. I have to try the Helicon Focus software.
Piotr

Meadster

Post by Meadster »

As a newcomer I do not know if this is old news to the vets around here, but seeing this thread reminded me of something I saw while I was at the Nat'l Science Teachers Association Conference here in Dallas a couple weeks ago.

I met a guy who was the president of a new (about a year old) company in New Jersey called Zarbeco. They do a lot of digital microscope work for education & industry. They have their own Video Toolbox software which looked good in at the booth, but the really cool thing they had was an add on to the software called"FocusLock". All you need to do is to slowly move your scope through the depth of field of a specimen & the software creates a perfectly focused image. He demoed it for me & I was floored! It really worked there in real time! It might just be a solution to stacking for those of you who are capturing images directly into your computers. Feel free to take a look http://www.zarbeco.com/focuslock.htm

Garry DeLong

Post by Garry DeLong »

Wow. In as much as I'm very involved in video, that does indeed pique my interest. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll investigate and see what they have to offer. Although this doesn't have to do specifically with microscopy, another neat (and inexpensive) video package is VideoMach, which provides for video many of the filters and tools usually available only for stills.
Garry DeLong