He's ba-ack!

Post your images made through a compound microscope or made with a stereo/dissecting microscope in this gallery. Images may be of any subject natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

crocoite

He's ba-ack!

Post by crocoite »

Camera fixed and tested it out tonight...

This is an image of essentially three different mineral species. The red is hematite, the needles are natrolite, and the blobby bit is analcime and this has grown around the natrolite giving the stripey effect. The specimen comes from Flinders, Victoria, Australia, in a basalt (volcanic) rock and was collected by me in the mid 1980s. Interestingly, my catalogue number for this specimen is 666! :twisted:

The image is 4mm left to right, taken with my Sony DSC-P150, through my microscope.
Regards
Steve

Look at everything everyday. No, really. Look at EVERYTHING EVERYDAY.
The Real Meaning of Life!

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Nice image Steve, not only an interesting sample but a beautiful one as well. Maybe I should pay more attention to what there is here in North Carolina more. We are very or extremely, should I say, rich in minerals here. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

crocoite

Post by crocoite »

Thanks Ken. You are right, there are lots of minerals in NC. I have a small number in my collection. I'll have to photograph one and post it.
Regards
Steve

Look at everything everyday. No, really. Look at EVERYTHING EVERYDAY.
The Real Meaning of Life!