Scentasia

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Kenv

Scentasia

Post by Kenv »

Thought I'd better post another flower - there are no insects around here just yet, maybe next month I hope.
Ken

Ken

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

That is beautiful KenV. I like the yellow center of the flower and the way you use the dark background to accent them. Very nice work. You know I have read a few, not many, somewhat negative reviews on that FZ your using but you seem to be doing a great job with it. Those folks writting those reviews should take a few lessons from you. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Kenv

Post by Kenv »

Ken those reviewers are caning this camera for the noise and I have to say it is bad. I have increased my in-camera Noise Reduction to HIGH, I get excellent results now in very good light but if conditions are overcast there is still noise there. I remove it in NeatImage and I get the result I want. Have accepted that it does produce some noisy images but all else about the camera is superb. It is the easiest camera to use I have ever had, the images are sharp and the colour is superb and very accurate. I have recently stopped being a perfectionist so it suits me very well.
Ken
Ken

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

That is good Ken. I have a Fuji S7000 which is somewhat noisey also. The lowest ISO setting I can obtain is 200 for the most part. Sometimes however it will drop to 160 automatically but no farther. So at times I also have to use Neat Image. :)
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

biawak

Post by biawak »

Nice flower shot, Ken. I wish I have more nice flowers around the house. I keep my yard a bit weedy to attract the insects (I'm sure the neighbours hate that!).
As for the noise, people should take their cameras out of the lab and shoot real things! I don't buy a camera to shoot test charts anyway. We learn to live with our equipment's shortcomings....
biawak.deviantart.com

Kenv

Post by Kenv »

biawak wrote:Nice flower shot, Ken. I wish I have more nice flowers around the house. I keep my yard a bit weedy to attract the insects (I'm sure the neighbours hate that!).
As for the noise, people should take their cameras out of the lab and shoot real things! I don't buy a camera to shoot test charts anyway. We learn to live with our equipment's shortcomings....
I entirely agree with you biawak.
Ken
Ken