A calapittar, a Hassgropper, and a hisser

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Moebius

A calapittar, a Hassgropper, and a hisser

Post by Moebius »

Took over 500 pics from last weekend with some real nice ones, but will take me a while to process them. I give you three more from my trip of a couple weeks ago.

The first one is just a caterpillar (my daughter called them calapittars when she was young). I liked the simplicity of how it turned out:

The next one is of a grasshopper (again, my daughter called them hassgroppers). Nothing rare, but was pleased with how it turned out.

The last is for Mike. Found this little guy in a rotting log. Was about 8 inches long with a diameter of a pencil. I id'd it, but left the id at home...brown something or another.

C & C welcome and appreciated

Ken Nelson
Canon 30d
Sigma 150mm
Reworks and Reposts Welcomed

nephiliim

Post by nephiliim »

Like the shots here Ken. Really like the DOF and comp in the hasgropper shot.

Great work here (and the kiddy slang is allways cool :lol:

All the best,

Tom Burger
Sometimes smaller is better!
*nodge nodge :D*

Comments and advice always welcome
My little website

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Really glad that you explained all that Ken...thought you might have been partakeing of the spirts there for a moment. :D You know I am a fan of these snake shots for some reason. I do not particular like snakes but they are easier to warm up to than spiders. This one appears to be laughing, cool shots Ken. 8)
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.