Double emergence

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Erland

Double emergence

Post by Erland »

I've been in Sweden this weekend with two other fellow photographers. Waking up early morning three days in a row to take photographs of emerging dragonflies and damselflies, is not that bad when the pond is two minutes walk from your bed.

I managed to get a series of photos of several dragonflies emerging. Hard work sitting down that long holding camera on a monopod, so maybe next year I'll bring a tripod and a cable release.

The picture below show two Black Meadowhawks, Sympetrum danae, emerging. The female to the left is nearly ready to open its wings, while the male has just pulled itself up from a hanging position, to pull out the abdomen (tail) from the empty larvae shell.

Hallandsãsen, Sweden, 8th of July 2006, 7:33 AM.
Canon 5D, Sigma 180 f/3.5, uncropped
Iso 800, f/6.3, 1/160 s

Hope to get a bit more active in the forums, been away for a while :oops:

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Nothing like a change of cloths, an interesting and informative shot there Erland. Good eye! :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.