New!! Member Galleries New!!

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

twebster
Site Admin

New!! Member Galleries New!!

Post by twebster »

Hi y'all :D

Some of you have been wondering where I've been lately. Well, here's what I've been up to... :D

For the last year I have been increasingly impressed with the images you, our members, have been posting in the image galleries. What a talent pool we have :!: :D I

If you look at the top of the page there is a new link to "Member Galleries". I have created a website where our members can create 5 MB image galleries and albums to showcase their talents. Although "hot linking" to images in the galleries won't be allowed to conserve bandwidth, direct links to images may be posted in other websites as well as sending direct links to your galleries to your friends and acquaintences.

The rules are simple and posted on the Member Galleries front page. There is also a guide to which you can refer to help you build your gallery and albums. All that I request of you who may want member galleries is that you post and participate in our forums/galleries here. An image post or a response to a thread once or twice a week would be all that is required. We want to encourage your participation on our site. :D

This is my gift to all of you who have participated in and supported our forums and galleries.

Enjoy :!: :D
Last edited by twebster on Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

This is great Tom. Since I have my own website, I will not use this, but will visit it often. I heard Coppermine is easy to use and nagivation is great. Tom, Danny, and Mike, you guys are doing a great job. For a "No fee" web site, you still find ways to offer the members benefits that are usually found only on "pay sites". Membership is rising and the images posted are fantastic, I am proud to call this site "home'. :D
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Nice work Tom. I hope to see a few galleries on there. Folks feel free to use it. You might be surprised who actually visits here and from where. We have a bit more space now which is good to have so if you don't have a site, fire them up. :D

All the best folks and hey Tom, well done M8t :D

Danny.

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

OK. The Member Galleries are open to all members :!:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Good on ya cobber :D .

There's a couple more in there now and I'm looking forward to more adding images. I'll have to sort a few out as well. An excellent idea sir Webster :D

Danny.