A sad farewell to Ken Vernon...

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

twebster
Site Admin

A sad farewell to Ken Vernon...

Post by twebster »

Hi y'all :(

Longtime member, Ken Vernon, suffers from severe Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. On the advice of his doctor, Ken has been encouraged to give up computer work and digital imaging. As a consequence Ken will have to give up photomicrography as it exacerbates his condition. Ken, our community will be a little less rich without your participation.

Ken has become a good friend to me. We've exchanged emails, I helped him choose his microscope, and helped to make some shipments from the States to New Zealand for him. It was quite gratifying to see him flourish in our community. I cannot imagine meeting a finer gentleman and friend anywhere. Not too long ago Ken sent me an autographed book of New Zealand landscape photographs as a "Thank you" for helping him out. It is one of my treasured possessions, now. I know he and Danny have become good friends, too, over the years sharing in some other forums. I'm sure I can speak for Danny, too, when I say, "We're going to miss you, mate, but we'll always be wishing the best for you." :D

Ken may not be able to read email but I'll bet that he can still read "snail mail". If anyone is interested in writing Ken or sending him a card I will be happy to provide his address. Just drop me an email and I'll send it to you. OK?

Ken, as always, I wish you the very, very best and maybe some day you can return and make our community complete again. :D

As always, my friends, my very best regards to all :!: :D
Last edited by twebster on Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Yes a mate indeed. Its been creeping up on Ken for a few years now and stopped him from macro for quite some time. Thats when the Lomo scope came into the equation. Now it seems like thats out as well. Ken and I have been of a few forums now over the years and I've always enjoyed his macro work. Its been fun for sure having another Kiwi on board.

A fine Kiwi, a darn nice one at that. Fingers crossed for ya Ken as always M8t :wink: Get that cuppa ready Ken.

Danny.

nephiliim

Post by nephiliim »

I would like to wish Ken all the best, and I hope that someday someone will find a cure for CFS. A lady friend of mine also has a form of CFS, she cannot absorb some vitamins into her system. She calls it ME, but it is just another form of CFS.

So all the best Ken, and maybe you will find another hobby that you can have, but won't take as much energy and effort.

Tom
Sometimes smaller is better!
*nodge nodge :D*

Comments and advice always welcome
My little website

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

I am so sorry to hear this. I communicated with KenV on several occassions and will surely miss him. I wish him all the best and hope he will be able to return.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

This is sad news. I wish Ken all the best and hope he will be able to make a comeback eventually.
Graham

piotr

Post by piotr »

Very sad news.

Ken, I will miss your pictures and your particiation in the forum. I hope you will come back one day.
Piotr

Sven Bernert

Post by Sven Bernert »

This is very sad news :( I'll come back later.

Sven

Post by Guest »

Very sad news indeed. Ken had contacted me via private message about 10 days ago, telling me about his plight. A fellow Kiwi who had become a friend through this forum. I'll miss his images and his sense of humour.

Paul

GreenLarry

Post by GreenLarry »

I am fairly new to this site so am not familiar with Ken, but this sounds a terrible loss and he certainly has my sympathy.
Best wishes from England!

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

I have not been on the net much of late and somehow I missed this post, until now. I am very sorry to hear of Kens misfortune. :( Ken was a great participant and gentleman as well as a great photographer. :D

I hope that one day soon Ken that you will return to the forums, best wishes and hopes for a recovery. :)
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.