Administrator's Appreciation Gallery choices...

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

twebster
Site Admin

Administrator's Appreciation Gallery choices...

Post by twebster »

Hi y'all :!: :D

Now don't have a heart attack, folks, we're a day early :!: :D WooHoo :!: :D

This next month Paul Wiles' Violet will grace the front cover of www.photomacrography.net. This is a gorgeous (and shall we say, slightly erotic :wink: ) image of the stamens and pistil in a violet flower.

Ron Neumeyer has captured the front cover of www.amateurmicroscopy.net for the next month with the composite image, Spring means Daphnia. It's fun to see the different views of Daphnia along with the newly hatched Daphnia. :D

Paul will receive a polo shirt embroidered with the www.photomacrography.net logo. Ron will receive a polo shirt embroidered with the www.amateurmicroscopy.net logo. Gentlemen, thank you for your participation in our community :!: :D

Some members have commented that the same image on our front covers differ a bit in color balance and intensity than the same images posted in the Administrator's Appreciation Galleries. For the front covers I convert the color space to sRGB. This guarantees the best color space for cross-platform viewing. I also compress the images more. I learned long ago that if a photograph or page takes too long to load then casual viewers will click on by the website. I try to keep the image sizes and image files small enough to load in about 13 secs using a 56k modem. We want to attract new members to our forums and galleries and don't want them clicking on past because the front pages took too long to load. :D

Best regards to all as always, :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!