To our microscopy friends: A touch of burn-out.

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

twebster
Site Admin

To our microscopy friends: A touch of burn-out.

Post by twebster »

Hello my friends, :D

I am suddenly finding myself dealing with a little touch of "burn-out" regarding photomicrography. I've been at it pretty hard for a little over 2 years now. I need a break :!: :shock: :!:

When I started my personal website, On Closer Inspection..., I had wanted to showcase photomicrography and photomacrography. In the last 2+ years I have not made any photomacrographs. Well, it's time to correct that :!: :D

I just ordered a Tamron SP90AF macro lens for my Canon EOS D30. Combined with some macro equipment left over from previous cameras I am going out to "smell the roses" and shoot photos of the aphids on those roses :!: :D I am not giving up photomicrography, I am just going to be doing less of it for the remainder of this year. I'll still be around to post a snide remark or two, of course. I'm just going to "bug" the macro members more over the next few months.

Y'all keep the great work coming in, ya hear :!: :D

Best regards to all as always, :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

Sven Bernert

Post by Sven Bernert »

Right, it is the movement that keeps us alive! Have fun with the new lens. :D

All the best my friend! :)
Sven

Lee Daniels

Post by Lee Daniels »

Tom,
I can't wait! Though I frequently visit the microscopy forum (without commenting since, even though I'm more than familiar with all the organisms, I don't shoot micro and can't comment on technique and have never tried it myself) and admire the work there and have always admired your crystal macro and photomicro work, I have also been an admirerer of your macro work. Given your historical definition of Macro, though, are we to see new rules about what constitutes macro? :lol:
In any case, it will be great to watch you explore the macro world again - particularly (and selfishly) in the same geographic area so that I'll have an overwhelmingly impossible challenge to improve mine!
Looking for your first post...

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Thanks, Lee :D

My flash and other accessories arrived today. The lens arrives tomorrow. I'll have to make a flash bracket and then watch out...I'll be challenged enough to keep up with the rest of you :!: :D

Best regards, :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!