So what happens when.....

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

nzmacro
Site Admin

So what happens when.....

Post by nzmacro »

What happens when some idiot in a digger on a farm decides not to check out where cables are, THEN cuts right through the main fibre optic cable that supplies a whole country :shock:

I know the answer :wink: , everything, EVERYTHING goes as dead as a door nail. Burglar alarms don't work, fire alarms, broadband, ATM machines, telephone lines, credit card transactions, etc, all just plain old die !!

Phew, I'm glad I'm not him I tell ya :D 8)

Danny.

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/i_latestdetail.asp?id=28705

This hasn't made the news here to my knowledge, but I found it courtesy of google. The authorities are saying rats may have helped. Nice to know the rodents were doing their bit!

Glad internet isn't totally down for you!
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Yep, that was twice in one day Mike :shock: . The post hole digger was in the south island and then at the same time, it got blown up in the north island as well. Freaky stuff Mike. Its all fixed now but we are still having a few problems trying to get out of NZ.

All the best Mike.

Danny.