Through my sadness-glad that this is not a YahooGroups forum

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Garry DeLong

Through my sadness-glad that this is not a YahooGroups forum

Post by Garry DeLong »

TO ALL:
My website, garrydelong.com, has existed the last three years as a free photography site hosted by Yahoo, allowing me to link my microscopic photos and videos to my website thus preserving bandwidth and space on this forum. A couple of weeks ago my website email inbox filled with 58 undeliverable messages--messages, probably spam, that I never sent. The number of successfully delivered messages must have been huge. The website email functions exists on Yahoo computers, not mine, and it appears that someone may have used these computers to relay "bot" spam using the email address at my website. According to an email from Yahoo, which I have identified with a phone call as probably genuine, there have been complaints and Yahoo may well boot me out, for spamming that I did not do, stripping me not only of my website hosting, but also of my ability to communicate with others on the Yahoo groups forums, such as Yahoo Groups:Microscope. I don't think I have ever felt worse about anything and I regret that I soon may not be able to use my own website bandwidth for photos and videos.
Sadly yours,
Garry DeLong

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

That's a tuff row to hoe there Garry. Seems that the internet is getting a lot of "hackers" and undesirables these days. Look at what has happened to us credit card holders. All of our credit information and data has been comprimised. "THANKS BANK OF AMERICA, VISA!" :evil: :evil: I hate to think of what could be next. Sorry to hear of your misfortune Garry. :(
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.