Paramecium bursaria, darkfield

Post your images made through a compound microscope or made with a stereo/dissecting microscope in this gallery. Images may be of any subject natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Charles Krebs

Paramecium bursaria, darkfield

Post by Charles Krebs »

Darkfield illumination often gives a nice sense of "reality" to some subjects. I've posted a few paramecium bursaria shots before, but I think these darkfield ones give a good feeling for the texture of the pellicle and the "fuzziness" due to the cilia. The top one is a little closer to the objective so the focus is more "inside" the paramecium. On the lower one the focus is on the surface.

Wim van Egmond

Post by Wim van Egmond »

Hello Charlie, That is beautiful and cute at the same time! Is it with a 40X obj.?

I am a bit silent because I am working very hard! I am also preparing a trip to Bejing so I will be a bit silent. I did make several new images, mainly desmids, I found some rare ones. If I've scanned them I'll post some.

Wim

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Wim... I'm pretty sure I used the 20X for this shot. I did crop a bit of empty background out.

Sounds like you have some interesting travel planned. Have fun!

lacerta

Post by lacerta »

These guys always remind me of fuzzy slippers. Your image really brings that out. Great image Charlie.
George

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

I like the one on the bottom. It really shows the surface textures of the cell but then again both look exceptionally well, as usual. Good work Charlie. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.