Water Mite?

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick a favorite image made through a microscope from the "Photography Through the Microscope Gallery" to be featured on the front page of the www.amateurmicroscopy.net website.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Water Mite?

Post by Ken Ramos »

After fighting mosquitos, fending off copperheads, and picking through poison ivy, I finally made it to my favorite creek for a little relaxation and collecting. So far this little guy is all that I have found. I thought he or maybe it is a she (I didn't turn it over to look :oops: ) looked great under darkfield. Wha da ya'all think? :wink:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

piotr

Post by piotr »

This is an absolutely amazing picture!!! :-) It looks like a cross-section. Great darkfield subject! What objective did you use, 4x?
Piotr

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

:D Piotr! Glad you like it, I was very surprised and elated when Tom notified me that the photo had been selected. I was just scanning a wet mount looking for something new and interesting when this little guy skittered across the field. Placing the old "dime" in the condenser tray and using a Zeiss 10X A-Plan, I was able to capture the mite. I took several shots before settling for this one. :D
Last edited by Ken Ramos on Fri May 28, 2004 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Congrats Ken, this is nothing short of spectacular !!!. I viewed this one on your site as well and feel in love with it then. The clarity is amazing and makes this one fascinating shot. Excellent image and work :D

Danny.

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

:D Thanks Danny, I am pleased that everyone likes the image and thanks for dropping by my MSN Group Site. It isn't much but it is fun to play around with. I am hoping to add more images to the site very soon with all of them having been taken through the Axiostar Plus.
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Looks great on the front cover of the www.amateurmicroscopy.net home page, too :!:
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!