Oh man. London....

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

nzmacro
Site Admin

Oh man. London....

Post by nzmacro »

Hey any members in the UK, keep out of London central will ya..............please. The world is nuts :roll: Looks like bombing of the underground and the buses.

Please take care folks, please.

Danny.

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Been watching the news Danny but at the moment nothing has been said about such. I will stay tuned. Thanks :) :shock:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Ken, it is on Fox News here, plus all the local news. It is awful.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Got it. Thanks :shock: :)
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Our UK friends,

How horrible that senseless violence has found its way to London and injured and killed innocent citizens. Terrorism is an act of cowardice :!: :evil: My heart goes out to all who have been killed and injured. Be careful my friends.

Best regards to all as always,
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

I work in London, although not near any of the incidents. There were intermittent interruptions to comms from our office in Vauxhall - internet, landlines and mobile network - mostly due to high volumes of traffic. The tube remains closed, but it looks as if bus and train services in the City have recovered well and we should be able to get to work tomorrow, in my case, as usual, as I only use surface routes and don't have to cross the City.

Although the deaths and injuries are horrific, I think the rapid response of the emergency services has saved many. I hear nothing but praise for them. The bus that was bombed was right outside the British Medical Association HQ, thankfully allowing a very rapid response indeed. I understand that 2 people died in that incident. I thought it would be more - the bus was a wreck. The facade of the BMA building is apparently splattered with blood and peppered with glass shards.

I feel deeply for the families and friends of the 38 dead and hundreds injured. I fervently hope no more will die in hospital.

All in all, a very upsetting day.
Graham

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

First the World Trade Center, then Spain, and now London. As Danny said the world has gone mad. My condolance and sympathy is extended from across the pond Graham to the people of London. I have visted there a few times and ejoyed myself greatly on each visit. Please be careful.
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy