Coming back

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Kenv

Coming back

Post by Kenv »

Hi all - hope you all had a great Xmas and New Year. I've had an extremely good Xmas present, a dramatic improvement in my health. I became so ill from CFS that I gave up on everything. I sold all my gear - camera, lenses, microscope - the lot - I just got so down I didn't believe I would ever get well again. Just before Xmas I started treatment for Major Depression, a theraputic dose of antidepressant and therapy - the result has been amazing - so good that I decided to take up photography again. I can't afford to go back to where I was with gear so I have ordered a new Panasonic FZ30 which I believe is very good. I am going to post an archival shot which I took with my Canon.
I would like to thank you all for the help I had was I was here previously - especially to Tom Webster and Charlie Krebbs - wish to could put the clock back sometime.
Kenv
Ken

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

There is that face we all know and love :lol: . Good to see you back KenV and hope for continued improvement in your health.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

I could not agree more KenV, it is going to be great having you back. I hope you have continued improvement in your health and that your new camera will be just as good as your old if not better. This is great news KenV, welcome back! =D> =D> =D> =D>
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

Welcome back Ken!

There is an old cliche (at least in the USA) that when you've got your health, you have everything! As middle age encroaches on me, I realize more and more that that cliche is true. I'm glad you're getting "everything" back again.
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

This is great news Ken! I'm really happy for you, and it is so good to see you'll be back here posting photos too! :D :D :D
Charlie

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

Welcome back, Ken - great to hear from you agian.
Graham

piotr

Post by piotr »

Great to see you back here, Ken!
Piotr

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Great to hear form you Ken. Been very quite myself M8t for certain reasons. Feeling great now though.

All the best Ken, the FZ30 is a fine camera for macro with supplementary add on lenses, enjoy :D :wink:

Danny.

Kenv

Post by Kenv »

Thanks everyone for the welcome back - Danny the add-on lenses may be a problem, I just might have to settle for macro rather than super macro.
Kenv
Ken