Good and inexpensive book for macro-lovers

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

MikeBinOKlahoma

Good and inexpensive book for macro-lovers

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

Many macroholics love insects and/or flowers. The book linked to below covers both of these topics. The book is Anatomy of a Rose: Exploring the Secret Life of Flowers. It talks extensively about flowers and reproduction, and there is a lot of interesting discussion of pollination and the relationships between insects and flowers. I bought a remaindered "Bargain" copy from amazon.com for $3.98--Amazon appears to have sold out of those, but the book is still very good and very readable. The book is written in a very personal essay style, it is not a textbook or written in a scientific fashion. This makes it easy and pleasant to read. It also is written as a serious of short, self-contained essays, which makes it easier for busy people. Amazon appears out of the $3.98 copies, but you can still buy it very inexpensively ($2 or $3 plus postage) from some of their associated vendors:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C4 ... e&n=283155
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)