:: View topic - Microscopic photography setup question (basic)
 Forum Index
An online community devoted to the practices of photomacrography and amateur microscopy..

New! Photomacrography2.net

This site is no longer available for posting or registering new members.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Microscopic photography setup question (basic)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meadster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Microscopic photography setup question (basic) Reply with quote

Howdy Folks!

I've been away for a while thanks to work & family obligations, but am suspecting I may be encoutering a financial windfall in the coming months. As a teacher with access to student quality scopes & several Moticam 2000 video cameras, I've managed to do a bit of "micro-videography"over the past couple years. ( my online videos - http://www.smtexas.net/faculty/mead/index02.htm) Over Xmas, Santa was generous & gave me an Olympus E500 digital SLR. I am now starting to dream about using it for photomicroscopy. What I am in need of is someone with some patience who would be willing to help figure out what I need to aquire in order to take the scope(s) I use now & fit my new camera to it. I know there will be issues of flash use, etc, but I'd like to get a feel for what I need so that by this summer or fall I will be able to start producing photos that are better than the limited ones I get with the Moticam ( good video/weak pictures)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

John
Charles Krebs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
First thing we'll need to know is a little about the microscope you intend to use. Does it have a trinocular head, or will you be photographing through an eyepiece tube? If it has a trinocular head, what (if any) optics are in it, or can be fitted in it?
Charlie
NickM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great videos! I loved the caddisfly larva - the video really captures it perfectly. Thanks for sharing the movies. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: