Some images with fluorescence

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick a favorite image made through a microscope from the "Photography Through the Microscope Gallery" to be featured on the front page of the www.amateurmicroscopy.net website.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Frez

Some images with fluorescence

Post by Frez »

I'm not sure what going on here, but it's a lot of fun. Chlorophyll seems to excite above 500nm. I think the exciter filter was a combo of BG12 + KV418. The dichroic beam splitter was 500nm and the barrier was 515nm. The bulb is a 50w HBO.

This is a good example of chlorophyll reacting under fluorescence.

I call this image "Dr Hook". It's a claw or leg from a dead crustacean.

This last one is a Tardigrade that was hidden pretty well in BF.

Thanks
Frez

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Why Frez, why? Haven't I spent enough money up grading my scope without you guys having to flaunt epi fluorescence and DIC around? :lol: An associate of mine has mentioned a time or two that I should go to fluorescence but I really don't have the cash for another toy. :(

But hey these are some great photographs, much better than darkfield too. Thanks for show'em off. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Frez

Post by Frez »

Well I already had the scope and the EPI illuminator setup was only $75 on our favorite auction site. It still needs some tweaking and cleaning too. There is no way I'd buy a rig like this new.

That DIC bug bites pretty hard huh? :shock:

Frez

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Yep the DIC bug does bite hard but I will have to resort to the poor mans version by using COL :lol:

Anyway the photo looks great on the front cover Frez, congratulations. It will be interesting to see what else you may light up short of producing an electro-magnetic pulse (EMP). :lol:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Frez

Post by Frez »

Thank you Ken and thanks to the fine members here and all of the people that support this forum. I got the tote bag and have already put it to good use. It's a great prize that reflects the labors of love that the administrators and owners have for the entire site.

Thanks Again!
Frez