:: View topic - Videomicrography
 Forum Index
An online community devoted to the practices of photomacrography and amateur microscopy..

New! Photomacrography2.net

This site is no longer available for posting or registering new members.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Videomicrography

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Amateur Microscopy Articles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twebster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Videomicrography Reply with quote

Videomicrography...by Tom Webster

For a couple of years now I have been shooting video clips of the organisms I have observed through the microscope. I have modified a Logitech Zoom web camera to capture video clips in either 640 x 480 pixel resolution or 320 x 240 pixel resolution. As much as I enjoy making still images through the microscope, video clips allow me to watch the behavior of the organisms time and time again

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!
Garry DeLong

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,
I'm sorry I've been away so long. I hope you're still interested in this stuff.

The first link is a closeup of an amoeba psuedopod--the large oval object that flows through--is it the nucleus? I was sloppy as usual about making notes, but this resolution and lighting is typical of my 10X objective which translates to a total field on camera long axis of 425 microns--which translates to the equivalent of a 40 X eypiece!!
[url]http://www.garrydelong.com/demos/micro_video_demos/pseudo_ts_di.mpg [/url]

This has been identified by a an annelid expert (Mark Wetzel, Uof Illinois) as a fly larva, probably midge and not an annelid as I originally suspected. Signal features of identification are the eyespots and the antennae primordia ("horns").
[url]http://www.garrydelong.com/demos/micro_video_demos/fly_larvae_diS.mpg [/url]

Broadband will probably be essential as these are large files. The second link sometimes gets an error message but then will often work if I try again !?

Wow, I'm really having problems with the logistics of this thing. Perhaps if I can get any of this up, you can cut and paste, otherwise, I'll come back again soon...
Garry DeLong
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Amateur Microscopy Articles All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: