Slime

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Slime

Post by Ken Ramos »

Myxomycete (A)
EOS 20D
1/250 sec. @ f/16 ISO 100
430EX Canon Speedlite w/diffuser
EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Canon Macro USM

Myxomycetes (B)
EOS 20D
1/250 sec. @ f/22 ISO 100
430EX Canon Speelite w/diffuser
EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Canon Macro USM

To some, they may not be worth the bother because they are so small and really difficult to find but they are some of the most fantastic creatures to be found on the forest floor. These were found in the Curtis Creek area of Old Fort, North Carolina :)
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Beetleman

Post by Beetleman »

Very nice find Ken. I like the pictures alot :) I just love how Macro brings out all the alien worlds that need to be explored. "..."To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and to boldly go were no man has gone before" (you here the music!!!) :D
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda
Canon PowerShot S1 IS with Canon 250D closeup lens

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Doug replied:
I just love how Macro brings out all the alien worlds that need to be explored.
In Dallas, Texas 1973 a plasmodium, which produces these little fungi, was found on the lawns of some residents in a Dallas suburb. It was spectacular mass of crawling, pulsating yellow protoplasm. The pulsating yellow blobs caused virtual panic among the residents. The blobs were blasted with water but they broke apart and continued to crawl about and grow. This suggested to the residents that these were indestructable aliens from outer space or at the very least mutant bacteria that could take over the earth. :shock: Ref: Myxomycetes, A Handbook of Slime Molds by Steven L. Stephenson and Henry Stempen

Quite intriguing little organisms eh? Thanks Doug! :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.