Ants in the movies....With a reverie about an ant book.

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

MikeBinOKlahoma

Ants in the movies....With a reverie about an ant book.

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

Disney will soon be releasing a movie called "Ant Bully", computer animated about a boy who is cruel to ants (the magnifying glass thing, etc.) and is shrunk down (by the ants with "magic", apparently) to ant size, and has to live with them. Looks like a lot of fun, even though it ain't exactly "THEM!". :-) At cnn.com they have a video story about it with some fun clips and an interview with the director.

When I was a kid, I loved a book called "City Under the Back Steps" (I still think that's a fantastic title!) with a very similar plot involving a brother and sister who were shrunk similarly. Not scientific, though my memory of City Under the Back Steps is that the ant facts in it were fairly good if you ignored that they talked! :-) I went to see if I could find an old copy on amazon.com just to relive old times, and the #%@@s want over $50 for a used copy! LOL Apparently there are others like me who want to relive old times.
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

Carl_Constantine

Post by Carl_Constantine »

Actually, that doesn't look like Pixar, more like Dreamworks. But it does look like a fun film. I'm kind of reminded of the Magic Schoolbus episode where the class makes a movie about ants, gets shrunk down to ant size and observe an ant colony.
Carl B. Constantine
http://photo-op.ca/