A Miniature orchid bloom

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Beetleman

A Miniature orchid bloom

Post by Beetleman »

Here is a picture of one of my Miniature orchids... Haraella odorata from Taiwan. The flower is a little less than 2cm long and the whole plant is roughly 6cm wide. This plant has not stopped blooming since I bought it in April 2005. It is a stick mounted plant (no pot).

Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda
Canon PowerShot S1 IS with Canon 250D closeup lens

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

Marvelous! I like orchids. And non-stop blooming! What you could more ask for! =P~ :D

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Don't know much about orchids Doug but that little one sure is pretty. :D Must be kind of an expensive hobby raising them I guess? I have heard that some are very rare. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Beetleman

Post by Beetleman »

I always wanted to grow orchids but never had any room to do it. Thats when I found out about miniature orchids. These are not bred to be small, they are this way in nature. They run about $18 to $20 and they fit very nicly in my old fish tank :D
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda
Canon PowerShot S1 IS with Canon 250D closeup lens

paul

Post by paul »

Beautiful shot, Doug, and thanks for showing us more and more of your unusual 'gardens'.
paul h