:: View topic - intro
 Forum Index
An online community devoted to the practices of photomacrography and amateur microscopy..

New! Photomacrography2.net

This site is no longer available for posting or registering new members.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
intro

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ekko

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: intro Reply with quote

Hello people,

Let me introduce myself.

I'm Eric, 40 years old, married, we have two kids.
I live in the Netherlands, in a place called Hillegom, which is well known for it's flower bulbs.

I've been into photography (film) as a hobby for a while, but gave up on it when kids and work came in between.

now (10+ years later) I find myself in a position where I have seas of time, and really want to get back into pohotography.
I've always admired, and loved to look at macro shots, but never really got to it with my trusty EOS 1000f.

So here I am, ready to purchase a Canon 30D, a 90mm Tamron, and full of questions.
I ordered a few books to brush up on techniques, such as composition etc, but probably will still be looking for some answers, which I hope to find here.

I also would like to compliment all of you on your photos, I've been browsing the galleries, and the photos in there made my jaw drop,
it actually took me a whole day to go through the first 6 pages, awesome stuff.

kind regards,

Eric.
Sven Bernert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: intro Reply with quote

Ekko wrote:
[...] ready to purchase a Canon 30D, a 90mm Tamron [...]

Get either a 180 mil Tamron or Sigma or, if you can afford it, the 180 mil Canon. In no time you’ll enjoy the additional working distance (over a 90 / 100 mm lens) when shooting living subjects!

Welcome to the forums neighbour Very Happy

Sven
Ken Ramos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Eric, welcome to the forums. You got here just in time for our big move, so don't forget to read the announcments. We have a great bunch of photographers here who are always ready to help or answer questions if they can. So dive right in and make yourself at home. We'll be looking forward to your posts. Very Happy
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: