Howdy to you all - Sue Alden

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

S. Alden
Site Admin

Howdy to you all - Sue Alden

Post by S. Alden »

Ok, my turn. This is me at Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania. I am an Environmental Scientist and work for the U.S. Government (Army side of the house). No not military, just one of those "nonessential" government employees :roll: .

I have always had an interest in photography. I started out with an old Minolta 35mm shooting B/W and developing in a darkroom. I developed a sensitivity to the chemicals and quit photograpy completely. I just did not like starting it, and not being able to complete the whole process. After about 15 years I picked it up again with a Canon 2000 Rebel 35mm, but was not really happy with the labs. Digital came out and I am back with a Canon D60. Still have a lot to learn on the post processing of the digital darkroom, but I will get there.

Like Tom, I am 50+ years. My mind thinks I am in my 20s, but my body reminds me everyday that I am not :lol: . I do not have a better half or a worse half, but I do have three dogs that are really cute :) .

My job requires extensive travel all over the world, so I do get opportunites for photography that I would not otherwise have. All and all, I cannot complain. I really like macro, as that opens up a whole new world that one does not see by casual observations.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Hi ya' Sue :D

We've known each other for a while now, haven't we, going back to the NPN days. You have grown a great deal in your macro work and I, for one, am pleased to have you as a member and have your images in our galleries.

All the best, Sue :!: :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Sue, its a great pleasure of course :D. I enjoy your posts very much and watching you work. Ahhh yes, digital cameras and the digital darkroom has made life more fun......only IMHO. Mind you, there is nothing like that feeling when you see your first B/W print start to emerge. But yes, I don't miss it one bit I must admit.

Interesting work you have there Sue, if you ever get a chance to come this far south, let us know, ok. Always find you room here with us and I also know a good local tour guide :wink: :D

All the best Sue and I don't know where we would be without you here really. A huge thanks.

Danny.

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

:D Hi Sue! I enjoy viewing your work and it is good to see you. A lot of manufactures are phasing out last year models of digital cameras and I picked up a Fuji S7000 digital at a fairly good price. I figure it would be a good camera to start with and it has a very good macro mode. You and all the rest have been an inspiration for me to delve into the larger world of macrophotography, I believe I am going to enjoy it. Thanks 8)
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

Sue,

I've really enjoyed your insect and spider photos - most are a bit big to go under my microscope, whole at least! I have always had a keen interest in these beasts - used to spend hours catching grasshoppers as a kid and still enjoy putting small bits and pieces in spiders webs and watch them clear up the rubbish (mean trick to play on a spider!)...
Graham