Well lets kick this off then

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

nzmacro
Site Admin

Well lets kick this off then

Post by nzmacro »

Most know me well, so yes, I'm an addict to macro. Its been a passion for about 35 years and thats really all I've taken. Boring, no never. There are just so many subjects and varieties to keep me happy for another 35 years :D

Feel in love with Jan at 14 years old and still totally amazed at how she's put up with me. Ahh I love her. Rachel our daughter is 14 :roll: but shes the apple of our eyes.

Favourite subjects would have to be Carnation stamens as in this shot and aphids, yes no surprise there huh, LOL. Television I have no time for unless its a nature program.

Music, ahh another passion. ACDC, Led Zep, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jeff Beck, Stanley Jordan, Yngwie Malmsteen, Hendrix, Gary Moore, Joe Satriani, are all favourites and well listened to here.

So there ya go, thats a bit more than you ever wanted to know. :D

Yes I count myself so very lucky to know most macroholics here, to say its a pleasure is an understatement, its an honor and always has been to be in such fine company. NPN is a huge part of my life and it always will be, from there I've met so many talented macro shooters.

All the best folks and thanks for just being who you are. :D

Danny.

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Have we met before :?: :D

Sorry, mate. I'll tell you my friend, I can count on the fingers of one hand my closest friends. You, Michael, and Preston are the tops in my opinion. We may not have formally "met" in person but we've made some very personal bonds that go beyond just our involvement in photography, micro- or macro-. Now, I'd have to grow a few more hands to include all of the rest of the friends I've met through the Internet :!: :D

As you say, Danny, "Thanks for you just being you".
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Hey Danny

I remember when I first joined NPN and took a look at macro. It caught my attention, but it was your images that really got me interested. I was really excited when this site came on line because it meant a lot more macro images :D , and the help I receive is really appreciated.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

Danny,

As you know, I'm more into the micro than the macro for my own amusement, but I love seeing those macro shots of yours.

I thought of you when I posted a lily stamen earlier today...

Cheers
Graham

Steve West

Post by Steve West »

Hi Danny,

Great to see you! I like your photo rig very much.

Does your wife ever get jealous over the aphids :lol: ?

Say Hi to Rachel from us all.

Steve

Sven Bernert

Post by Sven Bernert »

Let me tell you; one day in the hopefully not so distant future I’ll put a german six-pack between your lens and your subject. :mrgreen:
It was a pleasure to meet you long time ago and it still is every time I see your posts somewhere on the web.

All the best my friend,
Sven
If you are out there shooting, things will happen for you. If you're not out there, you'll only hear about it. - Jay Maisel