My backyard...kind of..

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

S. Alden
Site Admin

My backyard...kind of..

Post by S. Alden »

Close enough anyway to my backyard. About 1/2 mile from where my backyard ends. I do not go in to the micro stuff, but this is a good place to find all sorts of critters, both on the ground and in the air. It is the Susquehanna River in Delta, PA.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

:D Beautiful photograph and only a half mile away. It is within walking distance for sure. I wish my areas were that close. We pretty much share the same mountain range I do believe, to be sure there are probably some few differences but not many. I could spend a lot of time on that river. Any trout in it? :roll: :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

From what I understand, and mind you I do not fish, so do not know first hand, but I hear there are rainbow trout, brook trout, smallmouth bass and perch. Oh yea, catfish. I have seen plenty of individuals fishing here.
Sue Alden
Administrator

Steve West

Post by Steve West »

Totally awesome Sue! There's plenty there without a microscope I'm sure, but still I think you should go for it!

Steve

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Well, I do have an ole cheapie microscope, but if I go for it, I will want better everything and my bank account could not handle the strain :lol:
Sue Alden
Administrator

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

A beautiful photo, Sue. I could spend hours and hours pottering around collecting samples.

It's amazing what you can do on a budget by way of microscopy...
Graham

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

I don't know how you do it, Sue :!: :D If this were my back yard I'd never make it to work :!: This is simply beautiful country.

Best regards as always,
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

Kenv

Post by Kenv »

This is just downright georgeous Sue, you lucky old soul.
Ken
Ken