Need advise on these microscopes please

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

I did contact nightingale and they suggested the the National 163 with the trinocular head

http://www.microscopesfromnightingale.c ... Trinocular
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

psneeley

Post by psneeley »

So . . . you can go wrong ;-)

Actually, I have no idea about this scope. I would have suggested the Lietz also (either the SM or the Phase -- although the phase is $1400). They have a nice trinoc AO Series 10 for $650 and I do know that these are very nice scopes (I have three . . . don't ask ;-) but that may not be what you want.

One other suggestion, give Aurthur at RoseOptics@aol.com an email. He often has used scopes for sell and they will be well serviced and ready to go. Another strategy I've used is to buy something in reasonabaly good shape off ebay, then sent it to a professional (e.g. Arthur) to put a little more money into it to get it in tip-top shape) . . . anyway I'm off topic . . . sorry.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

I have not heard that much, good or bad, about American Optics. I think Danny was asking for info on those scopes. I might just go with the LOMO as that looks like what I would like, only the necessary attachments will run me a bit more than what I care to go.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome