G3/5 Determination Pays Off!

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

G3/5 Determination Pays Off!

Post by Ken Ramos »

:D Taking advice is sometimes hard to do and sometimes not the best thing to do. However in this case it paid off, thanks to all of you on the forums. Especially you Charlie :D

Tom has a focusing rail, I have a tube. Taking Charlies advice of moving the camera up and down the tube until the correct focal plane was achived is what really paid off. I had tried this many times but I never got any satisfactory results until now. Contributing factors to this was my camera settings on the G5. They are as follows for a what you see is what you get type of image, although they are not "Krebs like and now Graham like" photos.

1. On the G5, Shooting adjustments menu

Metering=Evalutative
ISO=Auto
Effects=Low Sharpening
Setting=Shutter Speed Priority @ 1/40 sec.
Illumination is exactly a what you see in the scope is what you get at these settings. Of course keep in mind I am using an Axiostar w/Kholer Illumination. Below is the result. Not nothing fancy but a big impovement over what I have been getting. I used a few diatoms for the subject.

Granted this image could still use some improvement but determination will once again pay off as my skills improve. Hope this will help some one out. Thanks again to all of you. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

:D I just love to see threads like this, it makes everything worthwhile :D Sorry mate, I can't help in this sort of thing, great that some can though and its neat to see something working its way through :D :lol: Thats excellent Ken.

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Hi ya' Ken :D

That looks very good! I'm still working on that G3. Tell me, how did you get the diatoms trained to line up like that :?: :D

Best regards, my friend :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

I told them some old war stories :shock:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Gyrosigma

Post by Gyrosigma »

Hello Ken,
I am not realy sure, but seems to be stauroneis...
If you have closer vue it can help me for ID
the particularity of stauroneis is to have a "stauros" that means a clear area in the center of the diatoms without any "ray" and this clar zone has a cross form

best regards

Dominique

Kenv

Post by Kenv »

Well it looks like you're getting there, stick at it Ken.
Kenv
Ken