Paul Wiles.

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

pwiles1968

Paul Wiles.

Post by pwiles1968 »

This is me at my Fathers surprise 60th birthday earlier this year, it was a real surprise for him as he was 61, I am the taller one! that is Joshua my second child he is two now 2 and my oldest Rebecca is 5 My wife is Julie. You can work my age out if you think about it a bit. The picture is a little rare as it shows me holding Alcohol, :lol: Honest! :D

I am an Audio Engineer by trade, not studios or anything glamorous like that, I work in Automotive and look after speakers and audio sound quality at Jaguar Cars and Land Rover, really enjoyable and as I love music quite fortunate, the Job is either very interesting or very stressful and annoying but still I would not change it. As I said I love music (so much so when I bought my latest house the front room had to be the right size and shape to put my Hi-Fi into you should have seen some of the looks I got from estate agents :shock: ) my musical tastes are pretty varied but I love anything well recorded and am getting pretty fond of Jazz recently. I also Like Movies and have been known to play Golf but unfortunately due to work my sticks have been in the cupboard for several months now. I love the outdoors, although nowadays I spend most of my time indoors with the family who over everything else will always come first..

As you are aware otherwise I would not be writing this I like photography, I have done for about 20 years although it has been a bit on and off mainly SLR kit, since my son was born I found it difficult to lug around the SLR and various accessories and lenses so went through another Off period, I purchased my first computer about 18 months ago and decided to get a digital camera mainly for pictures of the children, that was the Z1, I was so impressed I sold my SLR kit within a month, a year on I was considering an upgrade to motivate me to get more serious about photography again, luckily a check from my pension company arrived through the door at about the same time that sealed it and I had the FZ20 within a fortnight, I found a couple of forums with Panasonic sections getting info on the cameras there led me here via Danny’s site and hey presto :idea: I am sitting here typing this.

Nice to meat you all.
Paul - Everywhere you look there is something to see.
My Gallery It's not much but it's Mine.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Hi Paul

Nice to see a face with the post. Glad to have you aboard the forums and you sure do have a cute son. Looks like he is waving to us :D
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

:D Great photogrpah there Paul, good to meet you! Just don't drop the bottle, thats "alcohol abuse." Fine looking son there, seems to enjoy being in the spot light. My boys always did... and then there was daddys little girl. 8)
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

Hi Paul, good to see you. Must admit I have a a strong liking for jazz myself. Also a five year old daughter.

All the best
Graham

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Hi ya' Paul :D

Welcome aboard :!: I don't think there is a finer group of people to be found anywhere on the Internet. You found out about us through a link in one of Danny's posts? Be carefule there, Paul. You lucked out this time. You never really know where some of our Kiwi friend's links will take you :!: :D

All the best, Paul, and welcome to our community. :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Well its a pleasure my friend. :D I see you have been pushing the forum as well, thanks for that :D . I really think you are the shorter one in this photo Paul. Tell your dad to put you down mate. :wink:

I think most of us came from 35mm slr's. I was Canon and Nikon, cost me a darn fortune Paul, LOL. So like you, its a blessing not having to carry around all the gear. I think the DSLR's have huge benefits but also lose out in other areas. Swings and roundabouts I guess. A lot of DSLR owners can't understand why we don't want one, but thats just a choice.

Anyway, getting sidetracked in my old age, ha. A real pleasure Paul and thanks for making it what it is. :D

Danny.

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

Hi Paul!

I thought it was just a bottle of orange soda you were holding!
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)