Chlorella in Paramecium bursaria

Post your images made through a compound microscope or made with a stereo/dissecting microscope in this gallery. Images may be of any subject natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Charles Krebs

Chlorella in Paramecium bursaria

Post by Charles Krebs »

Found a cooperative paramecium bursaria and decided to take a closer look at the symbiotic algae, Chlorella, that gives it it's green color.

100X objective, 3.3X photo-eyepiece, Canon 10D. Oblique bright-field with flash.

Steve West

Post by Steve West »

Stunning again!! Just when I thought I was doing reasonably well with the oil, you post images with even finer equisite detail. I had no idea these little buggers ride the paramecium.

Steve

Frez

Post by Frez »

Beautiful! These have to be the most cooperative Paramecium to run accross. It's amazing well how you imaged through the outer layer. Well done.

Frez

Kenv

Post by Kenv »

Incredible Charlie. You have answered a question before I asked - I was thinking whether or not I would ever use the 100X oil, now I know. Beautiful.
Kenv
Ken

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

The Chlorella look like little green blood cells. Very nice image, I have often wondered about them and how they looked up close. I have a 100X oil obj. but rarely use it. May have to get some oil and give it a try. Great work Charlie, as usual. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.