Howdy folks

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

dlewis

Howdy folks

Post by dlewis »

My name is David Lewis and I live in Christchurch New Zealand. I work as a Technology and Graphics teacher for a local high school here in Ch-ch. I am a realitvely newbee when it comes to any photography let alone macro or micro photography and I stumbled across Danny Youngs web page as I wanted to buy a digital camera for Christmas. I was completely blown away by Danny's images. I have since bought a FZ 20 which I thought was pretty good value for money considering it was getting good reviews and it seemed to have reasonably good optics for it's price (or so they say). I have taken and interest of the the last 5 or so years in computer graphics i.e. Cinema 4d, Bryce, Corel draw and Photoshop etc........ and would love to mix both Photography and and graphics together. I love macro and micro photography as these amazing photos are quite often right under our noses. I am looking forward to learn heaps and some great tips from you folks ................... please......... :-)

kind regards Dave

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Hi ya Dave and welcome aboard. Just happened across your post as I was putting a few things on the microscopy side of the house. Will be looking forward to seeing some of your work. There are a bunch of great folks on both sides of the house that you will enjoy meeting I'm sure. :D 8)
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Kenv

Post by Kenv »

Wow another Kiwi on board. Welcome David, you will find there is a great bunch of blokes on this site, look forward to seeing some of your images.
Best Regards
Kenv
Ken

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Well David, welcome. :D Just jump in anytime at all. We are a very friendly bunch.....except those Ken guy's :lol: BTW, Bryce is one of my favourite graphics programmes. Not too good at it but 3D generation has always fascinated me. Started using bryce about 12 months ago. It makes us ask, whats real and whats not.

The FZ20 is a wonderful camera David. I would be only too happy to pay a lot more for the Panasonic FZ's. The optics are superb IMHO. Ken V was getting an FZ20 as well. I'm in WGTN and KenV is a littler further up the line.

So hows summer down there David :shock: terrible here so far.

Anyway, always here and you are welcome anytime. Any questions about macro, the site, posting, etc, just feel free to ask away. Never a problem David.

Danny.

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

Hello from the right-side-up part of the world! :D

Dave, I'm fairly new here, but they have definitely made me welcome, I think you will find this is a very friendly and helpful bunch of people.

Welcome!
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

MikeBinOKlahoma wrote:Hello from the right-side-up part of the world! :D
Yeah right. At least we know what side of the road to drive on, can actually spell "Colour" and our water does spin the other way....the correct way :D :D

I find the posts from the US very annoying Mike. I have to turn the monitor upside down, so the images are the right way up !!! :D Only the Kiwi's have ir right, LOL.

All the best Mike and David, thanks Mike :wink:

Danny.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Hi David and welcome aboard. This is a fun board and everyone is helpful here. A lot of good images and techniques are posted. MikeB finds it necessary to correct Danny on occasion about what side is up, as Danny gets confused on that point a lot, as far as what side of the road to drive on..well, I drive on any side of the road that has a vacant space in it. I live in the NE part of the US. We have to do what we have to do to get around up here :wink: .
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

pwiles1968

Post by pwiles1968 »

Welcome aboard Dave ignore this lot everyone knows that the UK is the only place that is the right way up what else would GMT be for? everyone else is either up-side-down, or horizontal :lol: :lol:

You may have guessed we are all slightly mad, but these are great guys and really helpful, I am new to the forum myself and have been made to feel very welcome.

You will not be disappointed with the FZ20 I have had mine for a few months and love it :D.
Paul - Everywhere you look there is something to see.
My Gallery It's not much but it's Mine.