Panasonic FZ5 vs FZ20?

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Steve West

Panasonic FZ5 vs FZ20?

Post by Steve West »

What's up here. It looks like the FZ5 is identical to the FZ20--what am I missing?

Thanks

Steve

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Sorry Steve, I've been off busy in other places.

I think you mean the FZ15. The main differences seem to be that the FZ15 does not have sound on the video side of it and that the FZ15 does not have a hot shoe........I think. The video and sound would make no difference to me this end, its not what I would get a digital still camera for to be honest. The hot shoe in the FZ20 would certainly make me go for that over the FZ15 though for sure mate.

There may be slight other differences as well Steve, but I think they are the main ones.

All the best Steve. :D

Danny.

Steve West

Post by Steve West »

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the reply. I think I do mean the FZ5:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0502/05020 ... fz4fz5.asp

It looks like an FZ20 with the only thing different that I can see is an engine upgrade to v III?? Sounds strange.

Steve

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Well how about that M8t. The FZ4 and 5. Never even knew they brought new cameras out, LOL. I must be out of the loop I guess :D , sorry Steve, you are right. I'll have to go and check them out.

All the best Steve :D

Danny.