A Rainy Day Project or Cruel and Unusual Punishment

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

A Rainy Day Project or Cruel and Unusual Punishment

Post by Ken Ramos »

Bad weather makes one do funny things. Bored with looking out the window at the dismal gloom, I sat down here at the computer and started playing around with some of my software, namely Photo Impact 6.

This started out with nothing more than a blank 605 X 445 pixel sheet. I had resized an image of a water flea, taken moments ago, down to 400 X 300 pixels. I copied and then pasted it to the blank file and then added text, shadows, and boarder. Makes a nice little file card to put on CD for quick reference or to email someone as to what you have been up to. I am sure someone has thought of or done this already but like I said I was bored and found this fun to do and probably useful for someone who may not have thought about it. I did not know where to post this, it is not anything technical about micro or macrophotography, just some arts and craftsy stuff :D

If nothing else it would be a start on a nice little scrapbook, to work on when the skies are dismal and it is raining on your parade. Save them up and give them to your grand children when you get old and grey to show them what a nerd you were or make your kids sit in the corner and read them when they have been acting up. That'll teach them! :twisted:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Good idea Ken and it looks nice too. Today would have been a good day for me as well, with the flu and the weather turning bad; but NASCAR was on and well, my driver came in second :cry:
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

I had to turn it off and leave at 30 laps to go. To bad about your driver. :(
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Kenv

Post by Kenv »

Hi Ken, keeps you from getting bored eh? Nice idea.

"Better a living dog, than a dead lion."

or you could say "Better a bug than a bugger!"
Ken