Back from Washington (state) rain forest. Quinault River pic

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Charles Krebs

Back from Washington (state) rain forest. Quinault River pic

Post by Charles Krebs »

I'm back after a few days in one of my favorite places... the rain forests of the west side of the Olympic Mtns here in Washington.
Here's a shot of the Quinault River from a favorite vantage point of mine. The alder groves look particularly nice when hit by the late sunlight.

One reason I went was to collect some water samples (not from the river, though) to examine under the microscope to see what I might find. It was much colder than usual, so I'm not sure what will show up, but we'll see.

Ken... if you look closely, you might see some trophy steelhead in these waters :wink:

Kenv

Post by Kenv »

Just wonderful, the place and the photograph. Is this one exposure or is a pano made up of more than one.?
Cheers Kenv
Ken

Steve West

Post by Steve West »

Absolutely beautiful panorama Charlie!! Looks like you had a great time!

Welcome back

Steve

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Wow Charlie, is there no end to your expertise behind the lens? It is almost like you could just walk right into the photograph. It is so beautiful. Boy, I would just love to be there at that those riffles casting a nymph or even a 16 Caddis into the still water. Bet that place is full of rainbows. Got to be!! Thanks for sharing the photo, that is great. :D :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

Now that is a gorgeous place.
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

piotr

Post by piotr »

Amazing!
Piotr

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

Beautiful!
Graham

cassian

Beautiful

Post by cassian »

That is really beautiful. I hope you don't mind me asking but what sort of fish would you get in that river system?

cass