Bodo (of some flavor)

Post your images made through a compound microscope or made with a stereo/dissecting microscope in this gallery. Images may be of any subject natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Charles Krebs

Bodo (of some flavor)

Post by Charles Krebs »

These Bodo really are small but they are sometimes very plentiful in a sample. When there are a lot of them they are fun to watch as they "jerk" along every which way. Tough to see in brightfield, they really stand out in phase contrast.

Here's a good page for reference:

http://microscope.mbl.edu/scripts/micro ... mageID=112

Nikon 100X phase objective, 2.5X photo-eyepiece, Canon 10D. Phase contrast illumination with electronic flash.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Interesting little critters. Thanks for the reference link :D .
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Kenv

Post by Kenv »

Strange little guys - you have great resolution on such small creatuers Charlie.
Kenv
Ken

Steve West

Post by Steve West »

What an excellent shot!! You've got fantastic detail on these tiny Bodos. I've never seen such a good picture of these types of flagellates!

Steve

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

It is amazing how you capture these little buggers Charlie. They look very good under phase. As a matter of fact I like this image a lot better than the previous post you dispalyed of these organisms. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.