Meiji Techno Stereo Microscope EMZ-13TR

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Meiji Techno Stereo Microscope EMZ-13TR

Post by Ken Ramos »

Allow me to present for your scrutiny, my new Meiji EMZ-13TR. Zoom range 10X thru 70X, three way beam splitter so you can still observe the subject through the eyepieces while photographing. All metal construction with very good optics. Many accessories available from mech. stages to darkfield condensers. Will also work as a bright field microscope. 6VDC variable halogen illumination. :D

Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Very nice Ken and congrats on the new member of the family :D
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Kenv

Post by Kenv »

Wow, very nice indeed Ken, is it brand new? You realize we'll be expecting some extra good images from you now Ken.
Kenv
Ken

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Very nice mate. Want to swap my old Nikon for it ..............pleeeeease Ken :D . One of these days I'll have to get a new one :roll: , more money, more money honey. :D

Danny.

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Welcome to the Meiji club! Their stereo scopes are highly regarded. Let me know you you like it compared to the Zeiss. I'm still looking for a good stereo scope myself.

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thank you all for the comments and response :D Yes Ken it is new and no Danny I think I will keep this one, sorry mate :lol: It is a nice stereo Charlie and does have some excellent optics and are pretty much equal to my Zeiss Stemi. As a matter of fact I cannot tell much difference. The photo tube is...well small in diameter. It will accept a small student type 10X wide field eyepiece which does produce a very acceptable image. In a few months I may add a Meiji adapter and mount my Sony DSC-W1 to it. I hear tell that the folks in Japan are quite proud of these scopes and I suppose they have something to be proud of. If you are looking for a good stereo with more bang for the buck, this is it. All metal construction and heavy. The only plastic is on the focusing knobs. I was looking at a Zeiss 2000C but $$$$$$$$ :shock:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.