I tried my first macro session today

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

nephiliim

I tried my first macro session today

Post by nephiliim »

Hey,

I just wanted to tell that i did my very first macro session today.

I found two little wall spiders in the backyard.

So i got my dad's old analog camera with the macro rings and tried to catch them on film.

Found it quite difficult to focus without a tripod or monopod so i up & got those.

And when they sit still long enough to get a good shot of them they just run away argh.. quite frustrating, but it made the challenge more fun. lol

The film is not full, so i can't go and develop it at my work jet.

Can't wait to see the results!!
Sometimes smaller is better!
*nodge nodge :D*

Comments and advice always welcome
My little website

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Hey nephiliim

Sounds like you had fun in any case and looking forward to seeing those image.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Howdy neph, fun huh :D . Its how we all learn. It takes awhile but you slowly get used to it. Its the details our eyes can't see by themselves that keeps allot of us going. Its great to see how things are made up and what out of. The wing of a fly, the details on a spider, the long legs of a grasshopper, etc, etc. Wonderful world we get to see. Just keep plugging away and it all just becomes natural.........I promise :D

All the best and its great to have you here, enjoying shots.

Danny.

nephiliim

Post by nephiliim »

Thanks man, at first I was kind of unsure about putting the shot's up here, 'cause your's were all so much better, and closer.

My little website

nephiliim

Post by nephiliim »

This afternoon I went out in the garden again. I know of this nest of red ants in the back of our yard that usualy steams with life this time of year. I was right, it was steaming with life.
Lifted one brick and they started moving eggs like crazy. Think I got some good shots.

One really bad thing is that the batteries of the lightmeter are depleted, and it's very very very hard to get replacements for those.
They don't make that type of battery anymore. trying to order them via my work now, hope it will check out o.k.

My little website