19th Century Microphotographs - web page

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

gpmatthews

19th Century Microphotographs - web page

Post by gpmatthews »

I posted some of these here a little while ago. I've now produced a web page showing the slides I have in my collection. See http://www.gpmatthews.nildram.co.uk/mic ... hotos.html

I hope you find them interesting.
Graham

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

This was interesting....I had no clue about this. More a stunt showing off that newfangled technology (of the time!) than anything else, but still very cool. Thanks for posting them.
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Quite an intesting collection Graham. I enjoyed all but especially those of Nelson. Thanks for posting these. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

Ken, are you a naval history buff?
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Naval history or just military history, I find it all very interesting. I have not done a lot of reading on the subject but have had the chance to talk to people who are able to give accounts of some of their experiences during WWII, especially the Pacific theater of operations during the occupation of the Philippines by Japan.

Of course there is the European Theater. The big bombers and the pilots who flew them I find fascinating and believe it or not there is some romanticism in it all. Unfortunate for me, I have not had a chance to talk to anyone who was there during that time. Most of the old timers have passed away and few are remaining to tell their stories. It was a bad time for the nations of the world but the history they made is increadable.
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.