Chat Room

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Chat Room

Post by Ken Ramos »

I have never used a chat room before but it seems as though we are going to be a hit and miss crowd. I went in and Tom had been there but was gone, Mike had been there but was gone. I have been there several times and I am here. Do any of you think that a meeting time would be a good idea for members or various members depending on time zone to meet for conversation? I am eastern time, one hour ahead of central, maybe three of mountain and five of pacific. Across the pond I think you chaps are what maybe 2 or three hrs. ahead of eastern? Across the dateline and down under, well I dunno. :?: Anyway does anyone have any ideas. :!: :?: :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Seems we posted at the same time..what do they say about "great minds?" :lol:

I was in there and missed Danny and Tom, and most recently Ken, you left as I was entering :roll: .

I am on the same time as Ken R. and can get on anytime (for the most part) after 6pm Mon-Fri. The weekend is hit or miss because I never know what I will be doing.

TOM/DANNY - you can delete my post as it is a repeat of this one.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

I agree! About great minds that is :lol: Here is what I am planning to do. For those of you who wish to contact me I will check in at 2000hrs. EST Monday thru Sunday in the Chat or if someone so desires let me know by ppm or email and I can be on most anytime after 2000 hrs. EST. until 2200 hrs EST. On weekends most anytime in the afternoon or evening. For those who are not familiar with chronological time. That is from 8:00 to 10:00PM EST. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Ok 2000 hrs it is. Tomorrow night, that would be 19 Jan 05.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Hi ya' guys :D

Yes, I figured the chat room would be "hit or miss" for a while. What I plan on doing is I'm going to log on when I am working at the computer. (I am working on our next membership enhancement. :D ) I'll check the chat room periodically and see who drops in. I work from 12:00pm to 9:00 pm so I'll miss a bunch of you.

You guys are on to one of the plans I had in mind. I think it is a great idea to make arrangements before hand to meet in the chat room. The second way I thought the chat room could be used by our members is by region, too. We have members from New Zealand who could chat with each other and members from the UK and Europe who could chat, too. I figured we Americans can fend for ourselves in our own time zones. I will try to make myself available to our New Zealand, UK, and European friends on my days off (Friday and Saturday) by staying up later than normal. I would like to meet you all.

Also, I am trying to line up some guest "chatters" who could take questions and post responses, that sort of thing. I would really like to make our chat room sort of a community meeting place for members with like interests and personalities. We have plenty of time to make this thing work... :D

I have to say that I am going to be very busy the next couple of weeks. I have some tough commitments on my job and I'm getting some new equipment and want to spend some time with it. Plus, I'm working on the next enhancement. :D

Best regards as always, :D

Tom
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Sounds like you are going to be a very busy man there Tom. However your work is greatly appreciated for sure. Things will work themselves out. I contacted Danny last night. When it is 10:30PM (2230) Eastern, it is 4:30PM (1630) in NZ. What day dunno. But I know NZ time now, I think, a 6hr difference ahead for us easterners. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy