I Have Nymphs... Bunches of Em'

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

I Have Nymphs... Bunches of Em'

Post by Ken Ramos »

Naw not that kind for heavens sake! :D I just got a new aquarium today. It is little, only about 2 gal. one of those Wal Mart kind for 20 bucks. It has a bottom filter and I can airiate to keep up my dissolved oxygen levels (DO's). But anyway, I took it on a 26 mi. trip to my favorite creek and searched around for something to put in it. Well being winter there wasn't much but I did place some stones and fine sand and gravel in the bottom and filled it with creek water and took it home. It has been airiating for about an hour or two and I took a close look and here is what I found. I took this photo with the FinePix A340 through a 7X hand lens and the tank wall. :D

Looks like it could be a Stone Fly nymph, I am not sure. It is not very clear but I have lots of these and others crawling around on the rocks in the tank. I hope I don't have an early hatch here in the house but then again I have not been to the grocery yet. :shock: Hopefully I can get a protist farm going, if my nymphs don't eat to many. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.