Lembadion 1, b+w "portrait"

Post your images made through a compound microscope or made with a stereo/dissecting microscope in this gallery. Images may be of any subject natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Charles Krebs

Lembadion 1, b+w "portrait"

Post by Charles Krebs »

I was about to clean out a sample jar that had a small amount of fine mud left in it after I had poured the contents into a larger container, when I thought I'd do one slide from it. I found several Lembadion... first time I had seen them live.

100X, 3.3 photo-eyepiece, Canon 10D. Oblique-brightfield with flash.

piotr

Post by piotr »

Excellent shot, Charlie. You captured all details of this rare critter.
Piotr

Kenv

Post by Kenv »

This is just wonderful Charlie and a first for me. This oblique brightfield you get is most impressive. I have been using this technique myself but I'm not doing so well at all. I can't offset my condenser so I have been closing down the iris somewhat short of where it should be for brightfield and then coming in from the side with the Mathias Arrow - it works to a degree only.
Kenv
Ken

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

I like this photo too. :D A very good b/w image with lots of detail and good contrast. You have captured it well Charlie. 8)
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Steve West

Post by Steve West »

Gee Charlie--you are the Master! What an incredibly excellent photo!!!

Steve