:: View topic - Suctorian on cyclops
 Forum Index
An online community devoted to the practices of photomacrography and amateur microscopy..

New! Photomacrography2.net

This site is no longer available for posting or registering new members.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Suctorian on cyclops

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles Krebs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Suctorian on cyclops Reply with quote

I was experimenting with "lighting", not expecting to take pictures, when I came across this cyclops that had (what I think is) a species of Suctoria hitching a ride. So while the lighting is a little strange, I thought the Suctoria were still pretty interesting to see.

10X, 2.5X photoeyepiece, Canon 10D. Electronic flash.
Frez

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Charles! What were you experimenting with? It looks like there was some type of obstruction in the light path. It worked well. There's some very popular Cyclops in your area Exclamation Smile

Frez
Charles Krebs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frez... I was in the middle of setting up a condenser to do Rheinberg with my low power (2X, 3X and 4X) objectives. This guy showed up and I took it with the 10X. The stop was likely too small, so I wound up with some sort of cross between COL and "oblique darkfield".
piotr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting, nice shot! Could it be Tokophrya cyclopum?
"Oval or spherical; stalk short; tentacles in 2-5 bundles; macronucleus spherical; 1-2 contractile vacuoles; on Cyclops etc." (Kudo).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope Gallery All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: