Paralia sulcata

Post your images made through a compound microscope or made with a stereo/dissecting microscope in this gallery. Images may be of any subject natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Frez

Paralia sulcata

Post by Frez »

Whew! It's been a tough few days. Comcast has been having major problems with their internet access and left many regions in the Northeast US offline. Of course my specific location was one of the last to get fixed. :x

Here's a find from the Oamaru fossil deposits. It was a quicky, but boy, is it nice to be online again :!:

AO Spencer Model H20
100x obj in BF
Sony DSC-P52

Thanks
Frez

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

That looks like it came off'n a Buick Frez, gotta nail in it at 10 o'clock. :D Seriously Frez, is good to see you back on line and posting. Wondered where you went. :D That is one nice image there Frez. You do these in permenant mounts, I am supposing. If you are you're doing some nice work. Thanks for the post. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Frez

Post by Frez »

Whoops! The first image is incorrectly labeled 1000x when it should be 500x. It was imaged with a 50x objective. This second image is 1000x and is done with a 100x objective. Instead of replacing the initial image with the proper one, I thought it might be interesting to post the other image for comparison.

Frez

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Frez.... these sure are great. I like the second a bit better, it has a little more dimensionality to it. I just got some Zrax, so now I need to study up on making these mounts.

Frez

Post by Frez »

:D It does look like a rim & tire! Hang on...I'll see if it's flat yet.

Frez

piotr

Post by piotr »

Great images! You captured lots of details each way, but the second picture shows less aberrations.
Piotr