Grow'n Our Own in WNC

Post your images made through a compound microscope or made with a stereo/dissecting microscope in this gallery. Images may be of any subject natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Grow'n Our Own in WNC

Post by Ken Ramos »

Naw put away the baggies that is not what I ment in the subject header. Another shot of the green stuff growing in my aquarium. :shock:

Zeiss Axiostar
Zeiss 40X/0.65 A-Plan
Fuji FinePix A340 Digital camera
1/23 sec. @ F/2.8 ISO 100 EV 0

(EDIT)

In the time it took to post the above image and return to the microscope. This is what I found. Same Closterium but look at what is happening. :D

Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

piotr

Post by piotr »

Cool! :-) I have never seen them dividing.
Piotr

Wim van Egmond

patience

Post by Wim van Egmond »

Very nice! Patience will always be rewarded!

I think you can already see in the top image that is is going to divide. There are small 'incisions' (or how would you call that) beginning to form in the chloroplasts

best regards,

Wim

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thanks for the comment Wim, never noticed the incisions until now. Not very observant of me eh. Thanks for pointing it out. I have never seen this happen before with this subject, although I have observed them many times. It all came about pretty quickly :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Ken... I've seem many hundreds of these, but have never seen this before. Very neat! Thanks