Macro shots you didn't get but wish you had

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

MikeBinOKlahoma

Macro shots you didn't get but wish you had

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

What macro shots did you not get, either due to not having a camera along, or even not being into photography at the time, that you really regret missing?

While in the Army in the mid 1980s, I was sent stomping through the woods defending Fort McLellan, Alabama from foreigners who would despoil it. We did a lot of patrolling in the middle of the night. The woods were dense, and if the moon wasn't out, you literally couldn't see ANYTHING.

One night, someone showed me bioluminescent mushrooms. I will never forget the very visible green glow. I wish I'd had my 50mm macro lens, a camera, tripod, and time for a 30 second or so exposure. Alas, I didn't even own a point and shoot camera at that point in my life.....
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

Don30

Bioilluminecence

Post by Don30 »

I do have a really bright Photobacterium if you would like to try and
reclaim the memory. Can send pictures.

djeames@msn.com

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Sometimes I'll just go outside and watch a butterfly laying its eggs.....not a camera in hand. So I guess I miss those sort of shots Mike, but never regret it.

I would love to catch a fly in flight, blowing a bubble, upside down and just about to hit a web with the spider ready to pounce. The web must also have dew on it with a slight rainbow effect to it. :D :wink: .

All the best Mike and maybe I just ate that mushroom of your's :wink:

Danny.

nephiliim

Post by nephiliim »

LOL

Well I was smoking a cigarette today between classes, and then I saw something moving on the wall next to me. It was somekind of fly, but then something flashed out of a crack in the wall and grabbed the little fly by the front of it's abdomen.

It was a jumping spider, one of those b&w ones.

AND I DIDN'T HAVE MY CAMERA WITH ME!!

Well I enjoyed the meal with both eyes and then went back to class.
Sometimes smaller is better!
*nodge nodge :D*

Comments and advice always welcome
My little website