:: View topic - Euglena spirogyra, (in darkfield)
 Forum Index
An online community devoted to the practices of photomacrography and amateur microscopy..

New! Photomacrography2.net

This site is no longer available for posting or registering new members.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Euglena spirogyra, (in darkfield)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles Krebs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Euglena spirogyra, (in darkfield) Reply with quote

This is probably my favorite species of euglena (of the one's I 've seen). They move very slowly, and can get into some "graceful" looking "poses" if you stay with them. The pellicle has very pronounced spiral striae, which are displayed nicely in darkfield illumination. I stayed with this one quite a while, and on two instances I was able to get off three shots with no noticeable movement. These were combined to get depth-of-field, which is otherwise pitifully small with a 40X in darkfield.

Olympus 40X, 2.5 photo-eyepiece, Canon 10D, electronic flash. Zeiss darkfield condenser (oiled Confused ).
piotr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie, you continue to amaze us. The best image of Euglena I have ever seen. Simply incredible.
Kenv

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a quite superb image Charlie. Well you've answered my question before it was asked - yesterday I had my first session on the scope for ages and I found quite a number of different euglenas including this one, I didn't know its name so thanks Charlie. I might post a shot later when everyone has forgotten just how good your one is Very Happy
Cheers Kenv
Wim van Egmond

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie, That is truly a breathtaking image!

Wim
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope Gallery All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: