New member from England saying hi

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

GreenLarry

New member from England saying hi

Post by GreenLarry »

Hi everyone, I just stumbled across this fantastic site while browsing thru the links on micUK(http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/)
I do have a microscope BUT it is down south and set to stay there for some time yet! I do take macro photos tho with my 100mm macro lens on my Canon SLR, and like to look at ordinary things up close and see something extraordinary!

Heres a pic i took for a college project, its a close up of a horse chestnut fruit shell(known as conkers here in England)
It was taken on my 100mm macro at 1:1,looking straight down and using natural light.

Let's see if this works!

Sven Bernert

Post by Sven Bernert »

Hi Larry,

I think everyone is busy taking pictures this weekend :lol: Welcome abord Larry and please let us see some of your work in the galleries!

Best,
Sven

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Hi ya Green Larry, welcome aboard. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

GreenLarry

Post by GreenLarry »

Thanks guys, I'm hoping to get my camera and macro lens/TTL flash rig working again soon, but in the meantimne I'm showing some 'older' stuff.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Hi Larry

Old stuff is good, I post it all the time :lol: . Welcome to the forums and looking forward to viewing your images.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

pwiles1968

Post by pwiles1968 »

Welcome Mate, another New UK member, the numbers are growing, where abuts are you in the UK? I am about 10 miles south of Leicester.
Paul - Everywhere you look there is something to see.
My Gallery It's not much but it's Mine.

GreenLarry

Post by GreenLarry »

pwiles1968 wrote:Welcome Mate, another New UK member, the numbers are growing, where abuts are you in the UK? I am about 10 miles south of Leicester.
I'm in the north east, Durham area,tho originally from the Midlands.

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Well welcome Larry. You have already posted some great shots M8t, so just keep them coming :D . We do get quite now and again. Still small and friendly, I hope it stays that way. :D

All the best in the UK, getting colder here now, so you have the best weather. :wink:

Danny.