"Sun drops"

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick a favorite macro or close-up image from the "Macro and Close-up Photography Gallery" to be featured on the front page of the www.photomacrography.com website.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

arvindr

"Sun drops"

Post by arvindr »

Sorry I couldn't think of a decent title .. but here goes. Shot this over the weekend. The drop is actually clear sap from a log of wood. It smelt of eucallyptus oil. The bulging droplets of sap acted as nice big fish eye lenses as you can see here .. The star burst is an unintended manifestation of the sun!

This delicate setup would sway to every whisper or wind. I framed it with a slight slant to give the impression of motion.

D70, 105mm Macro at nearly 1:1,1/180, F11 ISO 640

Arvind from Bangalore

GreenLarry

Post by GreenLarry »

Very nice simple shot!
I can see you used a small aperture as theres a starburst on the bottom drop, very cool!

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Simple works and this is excellent !!!. What a pleasure to sit and view Arvind. The star burst adds so much to it, I've only ever caught that burst once. Wonderful when you catch it like that. The background is clean to show this off on. Love it.

All the best Arvind, great seeing and capture :D

Danny.

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Hi ya' Arvindr :D

I absolutely agree...simple is very elegant. I especially like the long vertical composition. Makes a great looking front cover :!: :D

Best regards, :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Well deserved this one. Fell in love with this, because of the simplicity, the lines and the subject. Just stunning and to have the catch light at the bottom, turns this into a jewel of a shot. Love it. :D

Danny.

gbriney

Post by gbriney »

very cool shot -- I was amazed to learn that the star was natural! :shock: beautifully done... 8) 8) 8)
Gary Briney

gbriney

Post by gbriney »

postscript - I realized after reading the description here that the caption under the pic on splash screen which says "Dewdrops..." can't be strictly accurate! :) sorry to be a pain... :lol:
Gary Briney